Copyright

Copyright notice: All photos on this blog was taken by me and may not be used without my permission.
Feel free to email me if you are interested in using them :-)

PORT ELIZABETH * NELSON MANDELA BY * JEFFREYSBAY and more

Friday, December 21, 2012

Something Good Roadhouse


Date taken:  15 December 2012

The Something Good Roadhouse in Summerstrand brings back many childhood memories. Apparently it close its doors in 2008 and I was sad to see it in this state on my return to Port Elizabeth.

Today I read in the newspaper about the "Making Something Bad Good" project plans and I was delighted! There will be an upgrade and redevelopment of the iconic Something Good roadhouse building at a cost of R3m!

According to The Herald, "the roadhouse was a pivotal part of the beachfront experience for locals and tourists for decades, but degenerated into a rundown and graffiti-covered eyesore before it was shut down in 2008.  Nelson Mandela Bay-based Shimda, which recently concluded a five-year lease agreement with the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality, said it would be investing R3.17-million in the project, which was expected to take between four and six months to complete.

Now that is good news!  Isn't it!
Will watch the progress of the project and post updates.

Source: http://www.peherald.com/news/article/10988







No comments:

Post a Comment